01/02/2013

Old Skaven Madness - part 1 - Plague Monk Banner

Hello all!
Skaven!?! I hear you utter in surprise and ridicule, but yes: Skaven!
Twenty or twenty five years ago I began playing Warhammer and did so seriously for at least 15 years (e.g. a ton of competitions and at least a game every fourteen day). After this period I still enjoyed painting and converting these 28mm figures. 
The result is a Skaven army that includes ancient models, an absurd amount of conversion and about a million manhours :-). But unfortunately also a Skaven army (about 7000points) that I have not really seen in ten years due to my dislike of the last couple of Warhammer editions ("Herohammer").
This complete lack of interest (or rather feeling a great sadness every time I saw their containers in the basement) has somewhat disappeared due to the new edition of Warhammer that stresses the type of armies I enjoyed (huge blocks) and the new Skaven models. But no, I probably wont be playing any Warhammer games but I decided to take out the old rats and take a few pictures of them - which resulted in a nice afternoon of reliving old days :-).
I´ll start out with the banner bearer and champion from one of the Plague monk units as the banner really sums up my skaven army :-).

The Banner bearer is the old plague monk banner bearer, while the champion is a combination of a jezzail champion and a globadier hand, and a couple of horns to finish him off. The banner proudly presents a minotaur head - probably one that they have recently killed. There used to be some more stuff on top of the head but that seems to have fallen off.

Plague Monk Banner

    
Plague Monk Banner

I hope you´ll come back and see more of these Skaven as I share them over the next weeks.
Best regards,
Kasper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts